- No. Storeys: 15
- No. Suites/Units: 60
- Use/Occupancy: Residential
- Building Type: Concrete Frame, High-Rise
- Built in 1988, the building is located in a dense urban area adjacent to other high-rises. It is constructed over a two-story underground parkade.
- In 2007, RDH performed a condition assessment of the building enclosure. RDH was subsequently retained to provide engineering services with respect to rehabilitation of the building enclosure.
- The project involved rehabilitation of most building enclosure assemblies; exterior walls, windows and doors, balconies and decks and roof. Protected wall areas at balconies were excluded from rehabilitation resulting in cost savings.
- Masonry veneer wall assemblies were replaced with exterior insulated wall assemblies with thin brick cladding. The use of thin brick in place of the original full size masonry resulted in a similar appearance to the original design but with an improved level of performance and significant cost savings.
- Facesealed stucco clad wall assemblies were rehabilitated as exterior insulated wall assemblies with stucco cladding.
- High performance fibreglass-framed windows and doors, with argon filled low-e glazing units, were used. Use of new windows and doors results in improved thermal and acoustic performance.
- Condition Assessment (Building Enclosure)
The baseline information collected during a building enclosure condition assessment is used for the development of logical plans for implementing necessary maintenance and renewals or rehabilitation work.
- Design Development
In the design development task, we consider alternative ways of addressing existing problems, and assist owners in making decisions with respect to specifics of the rehabilitation program.
- Construction Documents
Our approach is to provide a more completely detailed tender package than is typical in the industry, in order to better ensure the cost effective implementation of the construction program.
- Construction Field Review and Testing
RDH reviews construction for conformance to drawings and specifications. We also regularly perform various on-site testing in our quality assurance role.
- Maintenance & Renewals Planning
A Maintenance & Renewals Plan identifies the inventory of assets that must be maintained, the types of maintenance tasks (such as inspecting, cleaning, and lubricating), the intervals at which maintenance must be carried out (such as weekly or annually), and the skill levels required for each maintenance task.
- Pre-Construction - CM
A myriad of factors are planned for during the pre-construction stage such as the need for any casual labour, temporary site supplies such as scaffolding, insurance and bonding. RDH prepares multiple bid packages and then analyzes and awards the bids.
- Construction - CM
During the construction stage, RDH monitors the work of trade contractors and coordinates their work with owner requirements.
- Post-Construction - CM
Activities related to project wrap-up including deficiency resolution, collection of hand-over documents, final completion documentation and final cost control reporting.